Congratulations to Charlie Melton and the CMP (Charlie Mike Precision) Team for shooting 5,000 yards.
The 5,000 yard Shot
We did it! The 5,000 yard shot out in Utah was a success! Thank you to everyone that helped out and all of your hard work…….If you have a friend that is into Long Range shooting, share this post and see if they can beat it?! Next we’re working toward the 6,000 yard mark.
Posted by Charlie Mike Precision – CMP on Friday, October 13, 2017
|The Modified Armalite AR-30 chambered in .408 Tejas. (Photo: Brad Stair of Performance Guns)|
On September 30th the previous long range shooting mark of 4,604 yards was obliterated by ex-Navy Seal Sniper Instructor Charlie Melton. Him and his team set up for the shot in Utah and on the 3rd load test they were able to hit the target with the 7th shot, 37 shots total. Hitting a 40-inch target at 5,000 yards is the new record to beat.
- “Performance Guns” Rifle Build: Armalite AR-30 .408 Tejas
- Barrel: 31″ Pac-Nor w/ Armalite Muzzle Brake
- Ammunition: 420 Grain Screw Machined Bullets – 3,065 FPS
- Trigger: “Jewell Triggers” tuned to 6 oz.
- Bi-Pod: Shots Gunsmithing Bi-Pod designed for the Armalite AR-X series
- Scope: Nightforce NXS 12-45x56mm
- Rings: Ivey Adjustable Scope Rings w/ a Charlie TARAC Prism
Accuracy Solutions Home of Accuracy Solutions is working on a model that can withstand the rigors of a large and heavier gun similar to the one Charlie had the pleasure of shooting. We would be honored if Charlie will be able to use our product to shoot 6,000 yards, which he hints at being his next target distance.
|The American team led by former Navy SEAL sniper Charlie Melton and Brad Stair of Performance Guns. (Photo: Brad Stair of Performance Guns)|